Shrimp Curry. Not to be confused with or compared to Curry Shrimp. So to all of my Caribbean Massive readers, you can put the side-eyes and blank stares away when you see the following ingredient. Weh Yuh Seh?
I know, I know…mushroom soup in a curry dish seems nuts but it works. The original recipe, adapted from Cooks.com also called for sour cream and raisins but I’m not that crazy. I mean, I’m sure that recipe is quite lovely as presented but when do I ever follow the rules? Right! So, I had to kick it up a notch **waves to Emeril Lagasse** and add some pepper sauce, chickpeas, etc. And #BOOM, you get Shrimp Curry!
- 1 lb. cooked shrimp
- 1 can condensed mushroom soup
- 1 can chickpeas
- 1 lg. onion, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 2 tsp. hot curry powder
- 3 tbsp. pepper sauce
- ½ tsp. cumin
- ½ can of water or vegetable stock
- Sauté the finely chopped onion and butter. When onion has browned, add condensed mushroom soup and curry powder (mixed to paste).
- Drain the chickpeas, add to pan and stir in water/vegetable stock.
- Add shrimp and heat thoroughly. Season with cumin and pepper sauce.
- Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Serve over hot rice.
This was so tasty! The only thing missing was bread. I should totally learn how to make garlic naan…ah next time.
Will you be adding Shrimp Curry to your repertoire?